A WORD FROM THE CEO
Following a year of strong results in 2018, our Great Lengths UK and Ireland business delivered consistent results in 2019 in what was a challenging year for the UK economy and the hair and beauty industry. We started the year setting out our long-term vision and people needs to support our strategy, concluding the year with a company name change, HB Collective. Our team are the strength of our business forging strong relationships with our salons and it is this attribute which has maintained the result in 2019.
We are proud to support The Little Princess Trust Charity who provide funding for childhood cancer research and wigs for children and young adults suffering from the disease. We have been working closely with The Little Princess Trust since 2015 following an introduction by James Henderson, salon owner at M Hair, Nottingham. The charity has chosen Great Lengths as the only hair extension brand they trust to provide quality, 100% human and ethical hair to create the wigs. This year we’re working with Great Lengths Universal to take the charity global and to celebrate our partnership, the charity named James Henderson their Trade Ambassador.
As we look forward to 2020, we’re excited to be adding premium haircare range, Rossano Ferretti products to our portfolio and prepare for more limited edition colour launches and new application methods.
/Joscelin McCourt, CEO.
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN 2019
- The inaugural launch of the global advertising campaign for Great Lengths, directed and curated by Rossano Ferretti.
- GL Tapes by Great Lengths wins Best Hair Extensions with Marie Claire Hair Awards 2019.
- Ireland GL Awards 2019 / 2020 saw unprecedented entries from across Ireland in all eleven categories and a new format.
- Great Lengths exhibited at globally renowned trade exhibition, “Salon International”. The three-day event exceeded expectations creating a conversion of close to ten percent of inquiries.
- Further strengthened our senior management team with the recruitment of a Commercial Director to build a sales force in 2020.
- Visit to Great Lengths’ German and Austrian distributor in Graz, Austria to learn and share best practice.
The HB Collective business is driven by the increasing consumer spend in the beauty and more specifically professional hair salon market. Fundamentally, despite times of volatility, the demand of hair extensions is stable throughout Europe in more or less all price segments in the market.
We like the HB Collective business due to its market characteristics where demand for its premium products shows relatively low price elasticity and is in essence a consumable to its target segment. We view the HB Collective platform as our vehicle to further explore the professional hair salon market.